My post The Problem of January spelled out the problem of resolutions. They begin with the hope that this year it will be different. Year after year we put our lives on hold until we achieve a desired outcome. The gyms are packed. TV talk shows sing the praises of the next Last Diet you will ever need. We pull up our willpower and pull out our wallets and with repeated resolve and grim determination begin the battle with those familiar adversaries again. We look to external authorities for the perfect plan to finally defeat our foe whether it be time management, weight loss, smoking or physical fitness.
The bad news is that January 17 was National Resolution Drop Off Day. On that day most people had already quit keeping the resolutions they made just 17 days before. I was gracious not to mention this to you as most of us hadn’t even started start our diet, or stopped smoking or you fill in the _______ until January 6. That would make your disappointment, sense of failure & embarrassment even worse. Once again we have failed Dr. Oz or Dr.Phil or Dr. …..
The Morning Talk Show hosts in Canada did a lot of both laughing and whining that morning. Some of the comments implied relief that they no longer had to give up chocolate or go to the gym. The unsaid message was that once again we have failed. Two weeks into 2014 we have already ‘blown it’ ! Hopefulness has turned to despair.
The truth is that a plan or program that may work well for some people may not be a fit for us. The way to transform any area of your life is unique to you. You have not failed at the plan; the plan has failed you.
You Are Not A Failure!
I have good news for you and for me. We have a second crack at New Year 2014. Tonight is Chinese New Year! We can begin again!
Now, I don’t want you to make or remake your list of resolutions. It was not all that helpful last month.
- a new approach.
- a new understanding
- a new way of living
- transformation not information
- permanent defeat of the foes we face again this year.
The post It’s Time to Redefine Failure by Pastor Rick Warren had some strong, insightful & liberating statements.
- Satan’s favorite tool to diminish your faith is the fear of failure & fear of man.
- Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. (Prov 29:25)
Failure is not
- failing to meet your goal
- failing to meet your target
- falling down
- trying and not accomplishing anything
- not having a goal
- not having a target
- refusing to get back up
- failing to try
You Are Never a Failure Until You Quit!
Five Key Principles For Positive Change
- It is about abundance not deprivation
- It is about taking small steps that lead to big results
- It is about progress not perfection
- It is about a changed mindset
- It is about taking hold of all that God has in store for your life
It’s Time to Commit
- To being the type of person you’ve always dreamed of being
- To begin to creating new disciplines
- To commit to a new way of living that will bring different results
- To living today not the tomorrows that may never come
The Truth Is
- It is about today
- It isn’t about yesterday
- It isn’t about the future
- It is about the nowI
- It is about the people and the love that is put in front of us right now
- It is about the problems that we can begin to solve today.
- It is about the simple, small change we can make in one life, right now.
A New Reality : Romans 12:1-2
Dear brothers and sisters,
I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you.
Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable.
This is truly the way to worship him.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world.
Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good,pleasing and perfect.
It Becomes Reality As We
- Know his desires for me in 2014
- Let Him be the expert on Me!.
- Be transformed
- Live in destiny & Impossible Joy