- Wonderful Counsellor – the One who listens and responds
- Mighty God – The One who acts on our behalf
John 1: 10-12 begins to unfold the third name
The One Who Adopts Us
Jesus came into the very world He created, but the world didn’t recognize Him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected Him but to all who believed Him and accepted Him, Jesus gave the right to become the children of God.
Jesus came for three purposes:
- Revelation– Jesus revealed God as Father.
- Relationship– Jesus taught us how to have relationship with our Father.
- Reconciliation– Jesus’ death on the Cross restored relationship with the Father.
We must choose to respond in three ways:
- Believe that we are restored, that we have relationship as chosen, adopted children
- Choose to Belong. You are not an orphan!
- Become all that your Father designed & empowers you to be.
Future posts will unpack these amazing truths.
For today just take the time to listen to a your Father’s Love Letter.
Whether you are two or eighty-two
You are still His kid
He adores you
Look in His eyes!